Monday, May 17, 2010

Six Years in Six Days:

Terence and My sixth wedding anniversary is on Saturday. I cannot believe we have been married for Six years already! It has gone so fast! I decided that it would be fun to write a sort of top 10 list of things going on in our lives for each year we have been married. Some lists may have more or less then 10 items on them.
Year One: May 2004-May 2005

1. Terence and Jacki are sealed for time and all eternity in the Seattle Temple on May 22, 2004. We were sealed by President Graff who used to be the stake president of the Federal Way Stake.

2. Terence was escorted by Jeff Wood the missionary who baptized him 3 and a half years earlier

3. Jeff was getting married three days after our wedding but his fiancé was sweet enough to let him fly up and spend a few days in Seattle with us before our big day.

4. I remember it rained a lot that day but it did not rain while were outside the temple getting our pictures taken.

5. As we kneeled across the alter from each other Terence was crying a lot. I wasn’t.

6. The entire night before our wedding I was terrified that Terence was going to realize what he was doing and not show up in the morning. I was so relieved to see him in the waiting room of the temple when I got there.

7. We had a wonderful brunch at the Double Tree Hotel in Bellevue after the sealing. Terence’s family was there and a ton of members of our family were there. Brooks who was dating Heather at the time was not invited because we had a 50 person limit. Looking back on that now I wish we had snuck him in.

8. After the brunch Terence left with his parents, went back to his house and took a nap. I went back to my parents’ house and cleaned out my car to get ready for the drive down to Utah for our honeymoon. Looking back on that now I think it’s weird.

9. I went and got my hair done by myself between the wedding and the reception because everyone else was up at the church getting everything ready.

10. I was super excited to when I got to the church and saw Terence there in his tux and realized that he was my husband! What a great feeling.

11. I don’t really remember a ton about the reception, I know it was beautiful! I know that I loved everything about it. I do wish that I had done a more formal ring ceremony for Terence’s family. At the time I was so pig headed and stubborn that I decided to keep it very informal. Looking back on it now that is probably the one thing I would change.

12. Our reception was supposed to end at 8:00pm. Terence and I were changed and ready to leave the church by 7:45.

13. Uncle Ady and many others had decorated my car with weird sayings like “once cousins now lovers”.

14. Driving to our hotel after the reception we got lost and ended up driving laps around Seattle for a good 30 minutes before we found the place. All the while I was on the phone with Washington Mutual trying to cancel Terence debit card since it had gotten stolen out of his car the night before and we did not notice it until we were on the way to the hotel.

15. Washington Mutual instantly refunded us the money that had been stolen from the account while they investigated. That was really nice since that was the money we had planned on using for our honeymoon.

16. Linda and Mario decorated our hotel room for us with candles and chocolates and sparkling cider, it was lovely!

17. Our room looked out over Puget Sound and we had a great view of the Seattle Library building.

18. We left the next morning for our honeymoon to exotic Salt Lake City. We were going to attend Jeff Woods wedding in the Salt Lake Temple.

19. We stayed at the Inn at Temple Square which was torn down shortly after we stayed there to make room for new construction.

20. Our first apartment was one bedroom 625 square feet. We lived there with Alpine and our fish.

21. It had brown carpet, brown cabinets, brown tile, no washer and dryer and we loved it! It was home!

22. Our first ward we lived in was the Kirkland 4th ward. I was called as a Sunbeam teacher and I don’t remember if Terence had a calling

23. In October of 2004 we decided to move to a two bedroom apartment in the same complex. This one had been updated a little and had newer carpet and linoleum. This was the apartment that Linda found out she was pregnant with Adam in.

24. Our apartment was right up the hill from an Albertsons and we used to walk down there to buy groceries.

25. Terence worked at Redmond Town Center as a security guard and I worked at Microsoft as a receptionist

26. We decided in August of 2004 that we were going to start trying for a baby

27. We were poor but it really didn’t feel that way. We always had enough

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those memories! Your reception and ceremony were beautiful. I wish I could remember more from our wedding day.