Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Swimming at Tye Lake

We love Tye Lake Park in Monroe.  It's a really nice little park with a place for the kids to play on a playground or swim, a spot for Terence to fish and a really nice area to have picnics.  We go there about once a week sometimes more.  On Friday my family was in town and we were looking for something we all could do together.  We suggested having a picnic at Tye Lake and everyone came out to join us.  Jared and basically all the boys grilled up burgers and hot dogs.  Jason made some really good grilled pineapple which I have never had before but really enjoyed.  I bet it would be good over some vanilla ice cream.  Jared and Terence also went out and fished for a little bit and I think both of them caught at least one.  While they were doing that I took the kids swimming.  My parents brought their dogs down by the water to watch and amazingly the dogs were wading in the water along with the kids.  It probably helped that my Dad was throwing food in the water for them but still, beagles and water typically don't mix.  It was a really fun evening and I'm glad we were able to spend some quality time together.


No comments: