Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Saturday in the Park

Since Heather was in town for the weekend we took advantage of it. On Saturday Terence had a ton of studying to get done for his classes so I took the boys and headed into Redmond. Connor and Corey absolutely LOVE hanging out with JR and I think the feeling is pretty mutual. Although right now it’s more three little boys running around doing their own thing bumping into each other you can tell that they love being together. Brooks especially loves watching what his older cousins are doing and following them around. We let the kids play for a little while at my parents’ house since we were waiting for my Mom and Dad to get back from their morning hike to Seattle and back, OK maybe not quite that far. For those of you who don’t know my Mom and Dad are OBSESSED with walking. They got these things called Body Buggs around Christmas time that measure your caloric burn and amount of steps you take in a day (anyone who watches The Biggest Loser knows what they are). My parents love these things and wear them all the time! Saturday mornings they take a really long walk to get their steps and calories burned for the day and then they go about doing whatever else they need to do. I’m super proud of them; both have lost almost 30lbs a piece and the look AMAZING!

Once my Mom got back we headed out to walk around Target for a bit and then went over to Anderson Park. On a sunny day this place is a mad house, kids everywhere. Since it was overcast on Saturday we basically had the place to ourselves. The boys played on the playground equipment and JR basically did anything his mother didn’t want him to, including running away every chance he got. After almost two hours of running around at the park the kids were beat! We packed it in and went back to my parents’ house. Terence and I had a party that were going to that night back in Sultan to I had to get home. It’s always so bittersweet to see The Lively family; I love seeing them but hate saying goodbye! At least they live close enough that we see them on a regular basis! I can’t wait for them to come back next month.

No comments: