Growing up one of my favorite books was to think that I saw it on mulberry street by Dr. Seuss. The book talks about a kid who sees all these crazy things while he is coming home from school (or something like that), anyway this week at Microsoft has reminded me of that. Anyone who has worked for MS knows that there are some eccentric people/activities, Nerf fights in the hallways, ping pong game in the middle of the day and dungeons and dragons tournaments after hours in the conference room. I mention this because just in the last two days I have seen things that you would not believe! Yesterday I was sitting at my desk and heard flute music coming from the stairwell. I can only assume that someone was practicing their flute in there for the acoustics. Then today while I was driving to work today I saw a lady walking down the sidewalk spinning yarn of all things. When I say spinning yarn I literally mean she had a ball of wool in one hand, a spindle in the other and was spinning the yard onto the spindle. Some people read a book on the bus, some people listen to music, this lady spins yarn. Also as I was sitting in my office today I could hear air horns, lady gaga music and lots of people. I looked out the window to see, what else? A parade. Yup a parade. From what we could gather a team was celebrating some kind of launch or something and they decided to advertise it by putting on a parade through campus. They even had floats, bag pipers, a couple of hursts, cheerleaders, you name it. So instead of "to think that I saw it on Mulberry street" you could say "to think that I saw it on One Microsoft Way". Crazy!
1 comment:
Did you know it was the first Dr. Seuss book?
Post a Comment