Friday, September 17, 2010

Man, Women, Wild

This is one of my new favorite shows.  It is on Discovery Chanel on Friday nights and I love it!  It's a husband and wife team (Mykel and Ruth) who are put in different survival situations and have to show you how to survive.  Yeah, I know what your thinking, we have seen that before; not really.  Yes the format is the same as far as having to live off the land and having a camera crew follow you around and record you adventures.  What sets this show apart is Ruth.  I love her!  She is British and totally proper, she has been a field journalist and news reporter yet she is adventurousness and tries anything.  There was an episode where she had to kill a snake and eat it, she has helped build shelters, she scavenges for food, cooks, wades across freezing cold rivers, anything!  The thing I like about her is she is entertaining while she does it.  She is kind of the comic yin to her husbands super commando survivalists yang.  I find this show highly entertaining and would recommend it if you have nothing better to do on a Friday night.

No comments: