The first full day at the cabin was beautiful! The sun was shinning off the snow and it was clear and cold. Melissa had told me the day before that the care taker of the cabin had horses that were out to pasture on the grounds. I decided I wanted to go out and look for the horses. Scott told me if I went out to the old barn and started banging around in there that the horses may come and see whats going on. He told me that the fastest way to get there was to walk through the field and over a little bridge, sounded easy enough. I asked if anyone wanted to come with me but they said no so I went out alone. As I was heading out the door Melissa told me to take a cell phone with me, kind of silly I thought considering I was going about 300 feet. I walked out and started across the field, for the first part the snow held my weight but as I got closer to the bridge I sunk with every step. I trudged through for about 20 more steps before I determined that this was not going to work out. I tried to head back the other way but again got stuck with every step. After about 20 minutes I determined that I was stuck! I called Terence on my cell phone and told them I was stuck. After they all laughed at me they got dressed, got their boots on and came to rescue me. Melissa got video of the entire thing, I'm sure it's horribly embarrassing. While I was stuck out in the field I took picture of the beautiful scenery, I now know why they call it Big Sky Country!
 |
| My view from where I was stuck |
 |
| My rescuers |
 |
| them walking on the part of the snow where you don't since and my footprints in the part of the snow where you do sink. |
No comments:
Post a Comment