Thursday, June 20, 2013

Nolan Dale Keenan

I don't think I have updated on here yet...baby Keenan number four is a BOY!  I can not believe I am going to be the mother of FOUR boys!  It's enough to make you want to laugh, cry, dance, scream and pull my hair out.  I'm so excited for the adventures that we are going to have as a big, loud, silly, family.  I feel very blessed!  I was a little sad when we first found out that he was a boy but only because I had to let go of that dream of ever having a little girl.  There was a little bit of a mourning period that I went through for a day or so.  It was especially hard because all of the people I know who are pregnant right now are having girls.  But who does not love the idea of having four boys!  We have our own sports team for anything!  I see lots of camping trips and sporting events in my future.  I also see four boys who will look out for each other and grow up best friends.  I see four future missionaries and four future fathers who, if they are lucky, will be as amazing as their Daddy.  I cannot complain, I feel very, very blessed!

As far as my pregnancy, it's going well.  I have not had any complications since my scare at 13 weeks.  I am having contractions more often then I would like but I don't think they are doing anything.  Nolan is growing and kicking and moving like crazy.  I'm trying to relish and enjoy every moment because I know I will never get to feel these little flutters and kicks again.  With my other pregnancies I could not wait for the baby to get here.  This time I am totally content with him staying put for a while.  Pregnancy is hard but I know once it's over, it's over for good.  That's kind of a bitter sweet thought for me.  I'm looking forward to the next phase for our family and watching my four boys grow but there is a piece of me that will miss this part.

Nolan Dale

No comments: