Friday, November 4, 2011

Near Death Experience

So now looking back on it I guess I am making it sound a little more dramatic then it actually was but it was pretty scary!  As we were driving to Pullman a few weekends back we were going over the pass, it was raining super hard, dark and there was construction so the road was all funky.  We were in the right lane coming up on a semi on our left.  Terence being the careful driver that he is waited until we were on a straight area of the road before passing the truck.  As we were coming right up in it's blind spot a HUGE gush of water hit our windshield.  We both thought it would pass in a second but it just kept coming.  We had a couple of options, speed up, slow down or keep going at the same speed and hope the water stopped.  Terence decided to hit the gas and trust that the road in front of us was still straight since we literally could not see anything.  After what was a pretty scary 4 or 5 seconds that felt like minutes we were through the water and on our way unscathed.  I'm grateful that we were being looked out for that morning and that we were kept safe.  I'm also thankful that Terence was driving because his instincts were exactly right. 

No comments: