Friday, June 17, 2011

Button Nose

Last night after I had gotten the kids down for bed I was laying in my room watching TV and Terence was hanging out downstairs.  All of the sudden I hear Connor in his room freaking out!  I told him to come see me and tell me what was wrong.  He said he could not get the button out of his nose.  WHAT??  Connor had stuck a button up his nose and had gotten it stuck.  Terence came running upstairs with the phone, freaking out, worrying about if Connor could breath or not (he could) or if we should call 911 (no).  I tried to calm both of them down as I got dressed, I figured I would have to take him to the ER to have it removed.  Once we were in the car driving down our street I told Connor to put his finger on the side of his nose that did not have the button and blow as hard as he could with the other side.  For those of you who don't know the technical term for that it's called a Farmer blow.  Lovely, I know.  Anyway it worked!  Connor was able to get the button out of his nose and we avoided a trip to the emergency room.  I think he has learned a valuable lesson about sticking things up his nose although I did catch him with his finger in there this morning. 

2 comments:

Linda A. said...

Oh my gosh! What an adventure. He cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha so glad you blogged this