Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Power of Prayer

I have a firm testimony of the power of prayer; I learned this lesson at a young age. I was in fourth grade and had an appliance cemented in my mouth to prevent me from sucking my thumb (yes I sucked my thumb in fourth grade, that’s not the point of this story). This appliance was pretty expensive from what I remember. One day it fell out of my mouth at school, I remember bringing it home and telling my Mom about it. She told me to put it someplace safe until we could get to the dentist to have it put back in. Long story short I misplaced it. I remember looking for it all over the house, my bedroom, the bathroom, living room, dining room, EVERYWHERE with no luck. I remember going to my mom and telling her I had lost it thinking she would be mad. My Mom taught me a lesson that day that I have carried with me throughout my life. Her simple response was to pray about where I had left it. I went to my room kneeled down and said a simple prayer that Heavenly Father would please help me find my appliance. After my prayer was over I sat for a second and thought about where it could be. Then I walked out into the dining room lifted up a pile of jackets that was sitting on the table and there underneath them was my lost dental apparatus. It was a very early lesson for me in how powerful a humble prayer offered in faith can be.
Part of the reason I am telling you this now is because Terence has a job interview tomorrow that could be a potentially good lead. I ask anyone who reads this blog to please keep our family in your prayers. Please pray that Terence will not only find a job but one that will be suitable for him to support our growing family. I know that through the power of prayers miracles can happen and I have faith that a miracle for our family is coming soon.

4 comments:

Suze said...

Almost every night we pray for people who are out of work and "Uncle Terence", just happens to be one of them that we pray for. Don't worry, we've got'ya covered ;)

Anonymous said...

ditto to what Pam said. We will send a few extra prayers your way! You will be blessed.

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

We will of course be praying for your family! Good Luck Terence!

Bob and Karen Lutz said...

Of course we will pray for you. We do every morning and night. It will all work out, it always does. Maybe this will be the job for Terence and maybe it won't. Regardless, I know everything will work out for the best. Love you guys!!