I am not the best at house work. After working all day coming home feeding and bathing the boys and then working for 2 more hours after they go to bed I just don't have a ton of time to do it. Terence is pretty good about helping out (in fact as I type this he is out cleaning the garage) but sometimes things just start to pile up. My laundry seems to be the ultimate example of this. It always gets washed but I am horrible at folding it when it comes out of the dryer. As a consequence it piles up for months on the floor of my closet.
The other day I finally told myself I was just going to do it. I took all the laundry that was on the floor of my closet and piled it up in my living room. As you can see I was not
exaggerating, it was a huge pile! The boys had fun jumping off the couch into it.

Well I buckled down and folded and folded and folded! Corey had fun coming behind me and unfolding everything I had already done which made it take twice as long.

About 6 hours, 8 bags for the DI and a huge bin plus two garbage bags full of baby clothes later I was done!

The lesson I have learned from all of this is to just fold the clothes when they come out of the dryer. It has been about a week since my
laundry folding
marathon and I am happy to say I have no unfolded clothes piled up in my closet right now. Hopefully I can keep it that way.
3 comments:
I hate laundry! -Cat
Pam you should not say that because I will take you up on that. I think I have had my mom and Judy fold huge piles of laundry for me. My Mom on more than one occasion!
Somehow I knew my name would come up in this comment.........Jacki - I hear you on the laundry thing. I have had piles that big - and once it sat there so long that everything had stupid dog hair and I took the whole pile to the laundrymat to redo it all. Pam came and helped me - it was my entire back of my van. I hate hate hate laundry with a passion. - Valerie
Post a Comment