Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Corey's first haircut

Terence and I have established a tradition with our kids that we don't cut their hair until their first birthday. I was planning on having a friend of ours cut Corey's hair since she cuts my hair and she gave Connor his first haircut. However her little girl had her tonsils out the week after Corey's birthday and she was a little busy taking care of her, so I did not ask her to do it. Instead I decided I would take care of it myself. HAHA! The way I cut hair is to put a guard on the clippers and cut it all down to one length. I put Corey in the highchair gave him something to play with and set to work.
Before


During the haircut. Corey was not terribly in love with the clippers and not amused.

After! Terence was not home and did not know I was cutting his hair, when he got home he thought at first glance that Corey was Connor. I have to say with the shorter hair they do look an awful lot alike! It turned out pretty cute, although next time I will probably leave the haircutting to the pros.

3 comments:

The VanderHoeven time machine said...

Your kids are sooo cute. We have great genes in this family. Also check out thevanderhoeventimemachine.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow I don't know what it is but Corey kind of looks like Ben with his short hair.

The VanderHoevens said...

What Judy means by that comment is - he is so cute. He doesn't look so much the little baby anymore - must be time for a new one. - Valerie