Saturday, November 22, 2008

Going Aound the Table

I love the idea of doing this on our blogs. I know some people are not a fan of going around the thanksgiving table every year and saying what they are thankful for but it is one of my favorite parts of the holiday. Terence and I have so much to be thankful for this year! It has been a year of a lot of ups and downs (mostly ups).

We are so thankful for the birth of Corey he has brought and amazing spirit into our home. We are thankful for our beautiful home that we live in and the fact that it's not in the flood zone. We are thankful that we have such good jobs that provide so much for our family. I'm especially grateful for my job at Microsoft and the amazing benefits it provides us. We are thankful that we found Terence's birth mother and sister this year. I am thankful for summer days at McChord and lazy Sunday afternoon naps. I am thankful for good friends who are always there when we need them.

We are thankful for an amazing family! We love the VanderHoeven Machine! I am so glad that my children will grow up with their cousins like I did. Somehow the terrible things of the world don't seem to be such a big deal when you have such a strong support system. I feel like we can get through anything together!

Most of all we are thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are grateful for the peace it brings to our life. We are thankful for the Book for Mormon and the other scriptures and the guidance and peace they bring to our lives. We are especially thankful for the knowledge that families are forever!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: